Privacy Notice (General Data Protection Regulations)
1.Who we are
This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) applies to all personal information processing activities
carried out by Ablemail Electronics a division of Merlyn Electronics.
Merlyn Electronics is a Data Controller in respect of the personal information we process in
connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide).
Our contact details are: Ablemail Electronics, Merlyn House, Merlyn Road , Salford M6 6EL,
telephone: 0161 745 7697, e-mail: info@Ablemail.co.uk
2. The information we process
Merlyn Electronics collect and process various categories of personal information at the start of, and
for the duration of, our business relationship with you. We will limit the collection and processing of
information to information necessary to achieve one or more legitimate purposes as identified in this
notice. Personal information may include:
- basic personal information, including company name, business address and contact details
- that acquired via goods and services provided
- online profile and social media information and activity, cookies based on your interaction with
- us and our website and applications, including for example, Internet Protocol (IP) address,
- smart device information and site visits
3. How we obtain information
Your information is made up of all the financial and personal information we collect and hold about
you/your business and its proprietors, officers and beneficial owners of that business and your
transactions. This includes:
- information you give to us, for example face to face meetings, phone calls, factory visits and
- trade fairs
- information that we learn about you through our business relationship with you and the way
- you operate
- your accounts and/or services, such as the payments made to and from your accounts
- information that we gather from the technology which you use to access our services
- information that we gather from publicly available sources, such as the press, company
- registers and online search engines.
4.Use of Information
Any personal information is used only for a limited purpose. For example, using the information to
improve our services, we may periodically send promotional e-mails and mailings about new products
and services or other information which we think you may find of interest.
You may, at any time, request that we discontinue sending such material.
5. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Although we retain some personal information for marketing purposes, we will usually not share the
information with third parties.
Where appropriate, personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other
government agencies, or third parties where necessary or desirable to comply with legal or regulatory
obligations or requests.
6. Legitimate Interest
Merlyn Electronics have carried out a Legitimate Interest Assessment (LIA) and have considered the
following situations where the retention of personal information will be of legitimate interest:
for the direct marketing of selective products and services (business customers)
where it is necessary for the performance of a contract
for product recall, advising of latent defects and provision of software upgrades
7. Your rights
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process
about you. We have described those rights, and the circumstances in which they apply, in the table
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any queries about how we use your personal
information that are not answered here, please contact us directly at the above address.
|Informed||You have the right to be informed of:|
– why we want the information
– where the information will be processed and stored
– how long the information will be kept for
– who else will see the information
– whether automatic decisions will be made using the information
|Access||You have the right to be provided, free of charge, with personal information our|
company holds about you.
|Rectification||To access the personal information we hold (called a Subject Access Request or|
SAR), please write to us requesting same at the above address. Unless the request
is unusually complicated, we will normally respond within one month of receipt.
If you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or
incomplete, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of that
information until the situation has been remedied.
to be forgotten)
|You have the right for to your personal information to be deleted if:|
– holding your information is no longer necessary
– the information is no longer relevant to the original purposes of processing
– you withdraw your consent
– your information was processed unlawfully
Please note: if you request us to delete your information, we will no longer be
able to provide you with any updates on our products and services.
|Restriction||You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal|
information if you believe that:
– any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate
– we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which
it was provided, but you require the information to establish, exercise or
defend legal claims
– we are not using your information in a lawful manner
Please note: if you request us to restrict your information, we may no longer be
able to provide you with updates on our products and services.
|Portability||You have the right to request a machine readable, structured, electronic copy of|
any personal information that you hold on you.
Or, you may request that we directly transfer the information to another
|Object||You have the right to object to:|
– direct marketing
– processing of your information based on legitimate interests
|Automation||You have the right not to have important or legal decisions made about you|
8. Changes to the way we use your information
From time to time we may change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not
reasonably expect such a change we will notify you accordingly.
9. How we share your information
We will only share your information where it is necessary for us to lawfully carry out our business
10. Data Security
Personal data is securely held on our own internal and firewall protected servers.
11. Data Retention
Data records will be reviewed every 5 years and, dependent on usage, will either be retained or
12. Contact us
If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, please
contact us directly at the above address.
13. Right to complain
Please note, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner